Greetings 100000km 350SE

for our english-speaking guests - english only. The place to discuss any DR350 specific technical / mechanical /repair / preparation questions you like, or answer others questions if you can.
Mikko

Beitrag von Mikko »

PIET

back to your question, now that i have more time to write

First, you need good and accurate maps, cause there are literally thousands of forest roads,so it`s very easy to get lost, some roads has signs some not, better yet if you have GPS, i don`t use but i have 10 years of riding experience here,but good map is also essential for me.
Second, if you come with DR,acerbis tank at least and even better with 5-10 liter jerry can, especially in east Lappland gas is only in bigger villages.
Security, cell phone is essential, but in some places of Lappland cell phone don`t work and remember in some remote places it can take weeks before you see another man if you are injured and phone is not working :blink:
Beware brainless reindeers, sometimes they run in front of your bike like horny rabbits and sometimes they stand in the middle of road like Moses in the mountain.
Moose, it`s known a grown up man to crap his pants, when 2 meters high and 500kg of meat with horns runs from front of your bike :teufel:
Bears and wolves are usually too scared to show up,so don`t worry.

Avoid western Finland,it`s too urban for offroad, Lappland and Kainuu are probaply best regions for offroad, my favorite places are in southern Lappland between Taivalkoski-Posio-Kemijarvi places.
Last remember not all Finns are monotone penguins like one anonymous formula1 driver Kimi R. :rolleyes:
Maria
Advanced Member
Beitrag von Maria »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Right! :rofl: :rofl:
Gruss aus der Schweiz!!
Maria
PIET
Forenpate
Beitrag von PIET »

Hi Mikko,
thanks for your reply :)

I already met some friendly reeindeers and moose in Norway and Sweden this year :D
Naturally, I drive more carefully in unknown areas especially in isolated parts of Scandinavia.
Gas won`t be the problem, I`ve got the Acerbis tank and an additional 5 l can.
The problem might be, that I`ll have to ride alone...cause all my friends own only those GSX-R`S and so on :think: but maybe a member of the DR-Forum wants to come with me?
Should I buy a local map of trails?

got not enough time now to write more...
bye
you know I'm born to loose
and gambling is for fools
but that's the way I like it baby
I don't want to live forever

Treuer DR Enthusiast
DR125SE`98 24Tkm-34Tkm...verkauft...zog die wurst nicht vom Brot
DR350S`92 23Tkm-60Tkm+x läuft und läuft und bringt dich zum Norkapp wenn du auf Schmerzen stehst
DR650RSE`92 40Tkm-49Tkm...der "neue" Reisetraktor konnte sich schon in Schweden mit Sozia bewähren
Audi 80B4`92 240Tkm ...fährt nun wieder mein Bruder
VW Golf 3 D`95 280Tkm-300Tkm...bei 300Tkm springt der Tacho wieder auf Null *g* ist also wieder ein Neuwagen
Maria
Advanced Member
Beitrag von Maria »

@ Piet

Sorry I din't saw your question. :blink:
I would put my bike in my car. Kadett Hochdach and then go to Kuusamo. I know there people who are renting a Mökki = Woodhouse.
The conditions for offroad are perfekt!! I would say southern Lapland seems the perfekt place for making tours...

Gib Bescheid wenn du weisst wann du hoch willst ich würde soweit möglich gerne mitkommen :zwinker:
Gruss aus der Schweiz!!
Maria
Mikko

Beitrag von Mikko »

:think: I know about 1 word of germany, but somehow it sounds like Maria and PIET has a date in Finland next year :clap:
:stompede: ..listen to that funky music white boy .. :stompede:
Forgive me i`m an insane iceman who has lived too many winters in the arctic :blink:

Yes Piet get a GT map number13 from Finland if you want to explore southern Lappland near those places i mentioned, many stores here sell that GT series map.
Also carry 21 inch tube and tire irons because flat tire means you have to repair it yourself unless you are in town.
And i forgot to mention most fearsome animal here :teufel: Mosquito :teufel: In July it makes you say two words.. F*cking Finland..i`ll neve come back here again :finger:
Mikko

Beitrag von Mikko »

Uups... I`m sorry, friday night -computer- and beer is very bad combination :( :(

I put a couple of old photos (not good photos) but they give a little bit of idea of riding terrain here link
PIET
Forenpate
Beitrag von PIET »

@Mikko Thanks for your help :)
as I said, I´ve been to the Pallas Ounas Tunturi National Park a couple of years ago. When I dropped out of the bus, the hordes of Mosquitos darkened the sky :glotz: The natives said that we would get used to it after 3 or 4 weeks, but my hiking tour lasted only nearly 3 weeks :finger:
besides...I would like to stay for some weeks in Lappland in winter, but I can`t afford two holdidays a year ...until now

@Maria ich habe ungefähr von Mitte Juli bis Mitte September Zeit. Ich denke aber, es hat sicher noch etwas Zeit, bis man einen Termin ausmacht. Bin da recht flexibel, wie schaut`s bei dir aus?
Am besten schreib ich dir nächste Woche mal ne PM...
you know I'm born to loose
and gambling is for fools
but that's the way I like it baby
I don't want to live forever

Treuer DR Enthusiast
DR125SE`98 24Tkm-34Tkm...verkauft...zog die wurst nicht vom Brot
DR350S`92 23Tkm-60Tkm+x läuft und läuft und bringt dich zum Norkapp wenn du auf Schmerzen stehst
DR650RSE`92 40Tkm-49Tkm...der "neue" Reisetraktor konnte sich schon in Schweden mit Sozia bewähren
Audi 80B4`92 240Tkm ...fährt nun wieder mein Bruder
VW Golf 3 D`95 280Tkm-300Tkm...bei 300Tkm springt der Tacho wieder auf Null *g* ist also wieder ein Neuwagen
Maria
Advanced Member
Beitrag von Maria »

Nice Pics!! :joman:

Alles klar Piet lass hören wenn du ready bist :)
Gruss aus der Schweiz!!
Maria

Beitrag von Guest »

Thanks

i added few more friend`s taken pics ,same link
Antworten