(1995) dr350 indicator problems

for our english-speaking guests - english only. The place to discuss any DR350 specific technical / mechanical /repair / preparation questions you like, or answer others questions if you can.
Antworten
i-r-mandrill

Beitrag von i-r-mandrill »

HELFEN MIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hey there, if anyone speaks english and has any clue why my indicators come on but wont flash?
i have 3 wires that lead to the relay, which i have replaced, but this has not fixed it, the 3 wires are orange, black (earth) and blue. however the relay i have only has to connecters which go to the orange and blue. this leaves the earth wire hanging?

i just cant get the bloody things to flash, they come on but wont flash. any help!!!!!!!??????????
oli ANY HELP AT ALL IS APRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ingo
Gründungsmitglied
Beitrag von Ingo »

Hi!
Orange and blue is OK. If it doesn't work you should try to get one with 3 connectors.

P.S.
If you've bought an aftermarket relay, it might be, that you've to change position of the orange an blue wires, compared to Suzuki OEM relay...
Joerg_H

Beitrag von Joerg_H »

i%r%mandrill 4 Apr 1 2005, 03:12 PM hat geschrieben: i have 3 wires that lead to the relay, which i have replaced, but this has not fixed it, the 3 wires are orange, black (earth) and blue. however the relay i have only has to connecters which go to the orange and blue. this leaves the earth wire hanging?
This is correct - only the German version of the DR uses a relay with three contacts, "all" other countries have a two-wire relay.
i just cant get the bloody things to flash, they come on but wont flash.
That is expected behaviour for this ("two-wire") relay, if one of the lamps is defective (or does not have the right wattage). Are you using standard bulbs, or do you eventually use LED turn sgnals? Any broken/corroded wire?
i-r-mandrill

my bike is an import to the uk from germany and is the 3 connecter german model. i have purchased a new suzuki relay and it only has 2 pins which might be where the problem comes from.
all of the bulbs are in good working order and when the indicators are turned on the lights come on but do not flash. i need them to flash to pass the "MOT" vehicle test.

ingo, the relay only works with the wires in a certain combination, i have tried your idea of changing them around and it hasnt solved the problem but thanks anyway.

any clearer? thanks for the help guys.
oli
ThomasD
Ex-Admin
Beitrag von ThomasD »

i-r-mandrill @ Apr 1 2005, 09:05 PM hat geschrieben: my bike is an import to the uk from germany and is the 3 connecter german model.
The best solution should be to use the 3 way connector modul :think: Perhaps somebody can send you one :zwinker:
Grüsse,
Tom
i-r-mandrill

yeah thats what ive just done, i ordered one from suzuki europe so it should be all good. cheers for the help all. anyone got any sugestions as to how to make the engine not overheat and stall at alarmingly regular intervals?
all the best. oli
Antworten