stock muffler modification

for our english-speaking guests - english only. The place to discuss any DR350 specific technical / mechanical /repair / preparation questions you like, or answer others questions if you can.
Dr350super

Beitrag von Dr350super »

Hi,I took al look at the web site of jesse kientech about modifying the stock muffler.He does the job for 50 thats cheap.But for me it will cost al lot more with shipping from europe to US.Plus our stock mufflers have some differences(i dont know what exactly),less power then US versions.

Does someone have experience in modifying a stock european muffler of a dr350s.
I could use some instructions .And is it worth doing this?

I am planning to mod my airbox,rejet my original carb with 140 mainjet,ABP leistung krummer.And if possible modify my muffler.Does this sound good for a beginning.If this does not satisfy me i am going to buy a tm36 mikuni.

hope to hear any tips about the muffler modification.
ThomasD
Ex-Admin
Beitrag von ThomasD »

Muecke has some experiences modifying the stock muffler. Indeed only the european DRS has a seperate one, the US models both DRS and DR350 join the same muffler with the spark arrester.

Airbox mod and rejetting is recommended for the DR. It´s a noticable improvement over stock. But the TM36/31 will top this setup!
Grüsse,
Tom
Dr350super

Beitrag von Dr350super »

I read about more satisfied people over here.But before i order my carb i need to have the rest of my setup done,so i can order my carb with the right adjustments.

Thats why i want to solve the muffler problem.The cheapest way will be modifying.Still dont know how.Where is this modification guy :huh: ????
Dr350super

Beitrag von Dr350super »

Does somebody know if this is the right way to do the modification?

i found this at max suzuki
SoFTSTuFF
Advanced Member
Beitrag von SoFTSTuFF »

Hallo DR350super,

These are photographs i toke and some sketches i made.
This is a possibillity to modify your stock muffler, but it is more sound than power ;)

If you want a more free flowing muffler you also could modify one from a Suzuki 600 (GSX-R or RF), a lot of them for sale on the Dutch Marktplaats;
MARKTPLAATS
And don't forget to ad a oversized header, or in German Leistungskrümmer.
I found that a bigger header brought more than a free flowing muffler. and the forrestranger cant heare you from a kilometer away...

I just saw one here;
LEISTUNGSKRüMMER

Bye Jan Willem, (Dutch also)
Ok, German is NOT my native language...
Dr350super

Beitrag von Dr350super »

bedankt jan willem,

is die uitlaat van een gsx 600 niet te groot?heb je hier voorbeelden van en hoe moet je dat aanpakken ?

(is the muffler of a gsx 600 not too big en how will you modify one for a 350s,do you have a example,or pics at max suzuki.)

I dont think its worth modifying the stock as i listen to jan willem.
SoFTSTuFF
Advanced Member
Beitrag von SoFTSTuFF »

I saw a mod of a gsx600 muffler somewhere on the net, French site :uups:
Just looking at the pictures did the trick, i dont have the link anymore sorry.

But its just a matter of;

bolting on
measuring
bolting off
welding etc

Fun to do and something unique..
Or pay some money and by one in the shop.

Bye Jan Willem
Ok, German is NOT my native language...
Dr350super

Beitrag von Dr350super »

sounds good.I also took a look at marktplaats and saw some mufllers of a gsx 600r ,they kost about 75 to 100 euro.Its worth trying.The picture i saw of the mufflers look good but i have to see one in real to see if the size is good.

thanks jan willem this case is closed.
Ablatty

Beitrag von Ablatty »

so ur saying pull it from the resonator end not the muffler end. so muffler will come over the diff and out last?
kolja
Advanced Member
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal
Re: stock muffler modification

Beitrag von kolja »

DID anyone of you listen to a DR350 with a GSX600-muffler? Can anybody tell something about noiselevel and weight? Is it louder, heavier than the original muffler? (i reckon, much heavier - is it?)
Antworten